Sunday, September 30, 2012

Please shut up.

I'm thinking
I'm thinking
I'm thinking.
All I ever do is think. I think about the sky because how can something so beautiful be put on this hell?
I think about trees and rivers and oceans because that's where I go to find peter pan. I think about why girls only think about boys, and I think about why boys only think about certain girls. And I think about school because it's a constant pressure to pretend i'm a robot.
I think about cats. why? I don't know but I do. And I think about dogs because the movies tell me they chase cats but i've never seen that. I think about Las Vegas, and how there can be so many hookers and saints in one city.
I can't stop thinking. I can't shut this machine down because i've lost the shut down button, and i'll never find it. and that scares me. Because If I can't stop thinking how can I observe? How can I live in the present if i'm lost in my past?
All I ask for is silence. Silence from my mind to listen to the world. Because there is so much around me that I have yet to listen to. So much I need to learn from my body and soul instead of being taught by a train moving backwards.
So show me the shut down button, so I can live up and live free.

11 comments:

  1. I think about the sky because how can something so beautiful be put on this hell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. All I ask for is silence.

    Stealing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many hookers and saints in one city

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I live in the present if i'm lost in my past?

    Stolen. I really enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I ask for is silence. wow two steals #$T@!3n

    ReplyDelete
  6. So show me the shut down button, so I can live up and live free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never realized that I've never seen a dog chase a cat either. I've only seen my dog get attacked by a stray cat lots of times.

    My dad took it to the pound.. And we realized that it wasn't a stray cat at all when this family in our ward started putting up Have-You-Seen-This-Cat signs with the cat's picture on it. It was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this was facebook I would press like. Because I like this, I just have no comment.

      Delete