Wednesday, October 3, 2012

5,7,7

No one knows what happened that day. The 5th of May.
It's a secret i'm hiding. I'm afraid to let it go. So I've buried it. I've buried deep down in my marrow and I won't bring it up.
Don't look at my face. Don't look at my skin. Because It's a lie; i'm lying to you.

I'm half Chameleon, I get it from my fathers side. I'm still lying to you.
Don't listen to my mouth, because it's just two pieces of skin. And i'm still a Chameleon.

I've kept my secret hidden so well I forget where I put it. But when I lay awake at night I feel it, churning, crippling me from the inside. Because I remember my secret's in my bones, It's whats crippling me. My secret's attacking me, giving me arthritis, not letting me move, live, breathe. It's turning my innocent bones black.

So I try to cover my bones with fat, and clothes and the Sun. I try to hide from my bones by disappearing from my body; just taking a quick break is all. I'll be back in the morning...with a huge headache and vomit. I hide my secret well. I show my family i'm happy, I show my friends i'm hyper, but I can't fool the mirror. Because I know, it's there. And when I don't eat, i'm secretly trying to show my secret. My skin is stretched thin to show the traitor that aches my bones. So maybe someday someone will ask, "What happened to you that day? Why are your bones black?"

My bones are screaming "HELP ME! Because I'm afraid to face the pain on my own. And I just want to be innocent bones again."



2 comments: