Friday, November 23, 2012

I wish I had a Repeat Button

I wish I had a Repeat button. So I could start this song over and over and it would never end.
I wish a had a Repeat button so this day would never cease. So I could repeat the Best day before the Worst.
I wish I had a Repeat button so I could hear you tell me you love me over and over again to block out the pain from when you stopped telling me.
I wish I had a Repeat button so I'd never have to leave my Grandpa's lap, he'd never stopped telling me what a cute shit I was, and he'd never stop asking what grade I was.
I wish I had a Repeat button so we could still be children and and our only problem was who was going to play Ken and who would play Barbie.

I wish I had a Repeat button so the leaves always stayed green, the flowers never died, the sun never went down, the water never stopped running and my heart never started hurting and my hair never stopped waving and my feet never stopped touching, and I never stopped laughing.
I wish I had a Repeat button to make life a liar and never start growing.

2 comments:

  1. well you cute shit
    i rather enjoy your post very much and the last line "I wish I had a Repeat button to make life a liar and never start growing." was sublime

    ReplyDelete