Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Today I met myself

I met a vampire today
He told me he was a creature of the dark and that I was just like him. He told me to come to the shadows because that's where I belong. He told me all the things that were wrong with me. He told me I was prideful, greedy, devious, and extorting Life out of Universe. He showed me where I belonged, and told me to join him.

And I said to Hell with that.

I am a creature of the light because I am full of light. I am full of light and power and freedom. I don't hide my flaws in the black I bring my flaws to the white, and turn them into color. I bring Life into Universe because without me this Life would be black, not even a white canvas full of the anticipation of possibility; but black, void and empty. I am a bruised, painted, morphing piece of flesh; i'm not a lost soul stuck in mortality and never changing. I am change, I am flow, I am the trees and birds and the river. I am the breath, blood, and heart. I am Human.

1 comment: