Sunday, November 4, 2012

Yeah, I remember.

Lex
 I remember listening to music so I couldn't hear myself cry. I remember watching you fall down the stairs because you passed out. I remember thinking you were crazy. I remember you making me sit in a corner because when I ate candy it was too noisy for you. I remember telling my friends about you, and they just stared. I remember seeing your guilty defiant face when you ate those six pills. I remember coming to visit you and all I wanted was a hug, not a robot. I remember you screaming at the world, you kept saying "this isn't your fault, this isn't your fault, this isn't your fault..." But I remember that it was.

Lace
I remember coming into your room because you were crying. I don't remember what happened to you, but I remember I was angry. I remember when you'd spit on me, I thought you were a boy. I remember when you'd sneak out, I never told because I remember I wanted you to trust me, But I remember I should've told, maybe I wouldn't have to remember all the memories. I remember you coming home covered in throw up, and you brought a friend with you. I remember when I hugged you goodnight and you smelt funny..you got in trouble that night.  I remember you hating Cabbage Roman noodle salad,  and mason jars and ribs, because it reminded you of him.

But I remember when we'd hold hands and dance around books, and when we touched the book, I remember we had to hit our heads on the table for fun (but I remember too well.) I remember when LMFAO was actually good. I remember singing about pants being too high and how it made his package look reeeaaall nice. I remember singing about dogs in a window and my step grandpa would harmonize (bark bark). I remember going up the canyon and proclaiming to the universe that we were powerful. I remember when we used to beat each other up (and I still have the scar on my head from that key) but I remember we were laughing the whole time. Until you shoved me in the bathtub full of water, then I remember I cried. I remember making up songs about knights and dragons. I remember when we became best friends, and I'll never forget.

3 comments:

  1. "I remember listening to music so I couldn't hear myself cry." stole

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I remember going up the canyon and proclaiming to the universe that we were powerful." I loved this... stole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you screaming at the world, you kept saying "this isn't your fault, this isn't your fault, this isn't your fault..." But I remember that it was.

    stole

    ReplyDelete