Monday, October 15, 2012

Let me be a SuperHero for just 5 seconds please

I've been thinking about life
I've been thinking about why children go without parents and why parents go without love
I've been thinking about why little boys get abused and why girls get raped
I've been thinking about why Africa is starving and America is fat
Why Ukraine has orphanages and why we need orphanages in the first place
Why a mother says goodnight to her boy and is only thinking about the next hit
The next rush the next time she feels alive. Because this life is too hard, and she can't live in it's reality, she's dead.
I ask myself why because I want to know how, and I question who.
I ask myself why because I need to fix it. I need to fix everyone; why can't I fix everyone?
Why aren't my hands good enough to save the world?

I need to be a superhero. I need a super power. Maybe I could be invisible and catch the robber. Or have super strength and hand cuff the killer. Or I could send food out of the sky so no one starves anymore.
I need to be a superhero, but is there a power that heals the heart?

4 comments: