Thursday, December 20, 2012

Paris is where I found my soul

I thought I was always in Paris. That I was just a natural born Paris citizen.
But it wasn't until I realized I was just a lost body in this city, when I found my soul in Paris.
Day one of finding Paris was exciting, It was like I was waking up from a long hibernation and ready to feast.
I wanted to explore every part of Paris, go to the sites i'd never seen before, or walk the paths I didn't usually take. But with this goal came a price.
A price that made me take a step back, and breathe in what I just saw. Because what I wanted was to be so immersed in Paris that I bled Paris, I spoke Paris, and everything about me was Paris. And to become full Paris you need to forget everything you've ever been told in school, everything everyone has ever told you about Paris, and you just need to live Paris.
What I wanted was change. I wanted to change everything I thought I knew about Paris, and start over.
And because I have gone so far into Paris, Paris can never come out of me. I can never leave, it will always be a part of who I am. Because Paris is where I found my soul, and I don't plan on giving it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment